- The general subject/idea of the blog. Is it politics? Journalism? Media?
- The political slant of the blog (if you can detect one). Right? Left? Moderate? Libertarian? Rastafarian? Communist?
- Does the blog cite sources for their information?
- How would you compare the information in the blog to your local newspaper?
- What you didn’t like
- Include a link to a particular post (or more) you felt was particularly interesting, funny, moving, angering, poorly written, well written, biased, or informativtal
Talking Points Memo is both a journalism blog and a political blog that is slanted left. In fact it is pretty much the polar opposite of Moonbattery. While the quality of the writing and reporting is better, I don’t really lean that direction politically. As a result I couldn’t just find a couple of articles that ticked me off…most did. I am not the most political of people but my leanings are far more conservative then liberal. I didn’t like the way the site paints most conservatives as gun toting bible thumpers (just my opinion).
I can’t fault the quality of writing though. The gentleman that started the site is a journalist and a historian (according to his wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talking_Points_Memo)
Here is a link to a recent article that ticked me off.